"What a long strange trip it's been!" This past year has been like no other that I've ever lived. Over night I went from a rock'n roll zero to a rock'n roll hero. I owe it to you, the fans. All you Peromaniacs out there who were with me from day one.

The humble beginnings:
I started out playing for quarters at my dads house for fun. I owe a lot to Ben (It's all about the Benjamins) Larocco. Just watching him and seeing what he did gave me a great idea of what not to do and when not to do it. I still haven't spent all the quarters I took off him... How many gum balls can a guy take. I also remember Mike (if you can't beat'em, bluff'em) Thomas. It was like taking money off a drunk guy. And of course my inspiration " One Time " Home dog! was always entertaining watching that 4th nine come up in night baseball. Last but not least " The Intimadator " my Bro Al, why go 50 cents when you can go 2 bucks.

The humble beginnings:
I started out playing for quarters at my dads house for fun. I owe a lot to Ben (It's all about the Benjamins) Larocco. Just watching him and seeing what he did gave me a great idea of what not to do and when not to do it. I still haven't spent all the quarters I took off him... How many gum balls can a guy take. I also remember Mike (if you can't beat'em, bluff'em) Thomas. It was like taking money off a drunk guy. And of course my inspiration " One Time " Home dog! was always entertaining watching that 4th nine come up in night baseball. Last but not least " The Intimadator " my Bro Al, why go 50 cents when you can go 2 bucks.
John get a hug from his bro AlIt was a long road to reach the level of playing that I am at now. I payed a high price and sacrificed a lot : late nights, struggles with addiction, playing so much I had a severe bout with finger nail sensitivity- I made a full recovery.
Life on the Road, the NPT nationwide promotions tour
John at an autograph signing session. With the high price came the big payouts. The promotional tour was a lot of fun and the fan support was amazing. We hit 17 supper clubs in 16 days. And oh the fish frys, being champ has its benefits.
After a slow start, the fans started to line up. The sing alongs at the Baraboo camp grounds and I can't forget the nice people at the Cracker Barrels - great bathrooms too. After getting ok'd from the doc, there was a slight cholestrol issue, we headed back home.
John on the cover of the Febuary 2006 Wheaties boxThere are so many great memories and still more to come . Thanks to all you Peromanics. Remember to renew your memberships this year, it has its priveldgess....not the membership, but being the NPT champ.
Until we meet again . " I'm all in all the time!" Johnny the Wad.



No comments:
Post a Comment